How Robotic Processing Automation can reduce costs, and so much more.
You may be familiar with what Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is, but you may be asking how it can help your business. Before we jump into the benefits of RPA, let’s make sure we’re on the same page in understanding what it is.
What is RPA?
Robotic process automation (RPA), also known as software robotics, uses automation technologies that turn basic tasks into automated processes that function across a variety of applications, just as humans do. These automations can include workflows with multiple steps and applications such as extracting data, filling in forms, moving files, sending a receipt message, updating a spreadsheet, and so on.
The software robots used in robotic process automation are programmed to do the tasks in a particular workflow, but unlike artificial intelligence, they aren’t looking for new efficiencies or insights like big data analysis. The purpose of RPA is to automate simple tasks to free up human resources for more complex tasks.
Compared to other enterprise automation solutions, RPA has a simplicity and relative affordability that companies are attracted to. It’s also designed to be compatible with legacy systems, which can be a huge advantage for many companies.
IT research firms estimate that the RPA market will grow from an estimated $1 billion in 2020 to a predicted $5 billion by 2024.
How can RPA help your business?
The benefits of RPA are numerous and offer a wide array of competitive advantages. RPA solutions can easily interface with major businesses applications, accomplishing routine tasks faster and more efficiently than human operators.
Tops benefits of RPA:
- Rapid cost savings: Implementing and maintaining an RPA robot are far less expensive than a human resource, and those cost savings multiply over time.
- More effective use of resources: Freeing your staff up from tedious tasks allows them up to be able to focus on higher revenue generating tasks.
- Improve analytics for Workflow Management: Every step of an RPA can be tracked and analyzed for continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Improved scalability: RPA solutions can easily be duplicated and reprogrammed to accomplish any set of processes, even with different procedures.
- Better security: By eliminating the threat of human error (forgetting to log out, exposing a password, etc.), an RPA improves security and provides a complete log of all activity.
- Higher customer satisfaction: RPA can move processes quicker and more efficiently, giving your customers an even better experience.
- Existing systems remain in place: Robotic process automation works on existing applications without an API.
These are just some of the benefits. An RPA can add numerous benefits to various industries from major financial institutions to national or international supply chain and logistics organizations.
How can Spinakr Solutions help with RPA?
As a management and technology consulting firm, Spinakr Solutions can offer support on many levels. In some cases, we’ve helped clients do the investigative analysis to determine what and where an RPA fits in their business to provide the greatest efficiencies and cost savings. In other cases, we’ve provided the experts to implement and maintain robotic process automations for our clients.
If you’d like to learn more about RPAs and if they’re a fit for your business, or if you already know you’re in need of implementing them, please let us know. We would love to support your business with our specialized skills and knowledge.