7 powerful reasons you need to use video marketing
Video has been on the marketing radar for years, so it’s nothing new. But what’s important to note is how the popularity and power of video marketing has grown exponentially over the last 18 months.
YouTube has now replaced Facebook as the #1 platform for driving consumer behavior, and this increased online video consumption is changing consumer behavior.
Why video marketing is a smart investment.
If you’re in the B2B business, here are a few facts you should know. LinkedIn users are 20x more likely to share a video than any other type of content; 59% of executives prefer video over text content; and users spend 88% more time on websites that have video.
Delivering content to your audience in a way they like to consume it will increase your ROI on the time and resources spent creating that content. In fact, 87% of businesses say that video, in general, provides a good return on their investment.
How video marketing can impact your business.
According to Wyzowl statistics, 63% of businesses have started using video content marketing. And of those businesses, 82% feel video marketing is an important part of their strategy.
If you’re on the fence about whether or not to invest in video marketing, here are 8 reasons that may help you with your decision.
- Video boosts conversions and sales. Adding a product video to your landing page can increase conversions by up to 86%. Video can also directly impact sales. Studies show that 74% of users who watched an explainer-video about a product or service subsequently bought it. How’s that for impact!
- Video builds trust. Building trust is at the foundation of conversion and sales. One way to do that online is by providing value with interesting and useful information. When done with video, it has the power to engage your audience, ignite emotions, and is more likely to be shared.
- Video marketing results in more qualified leads. According to Optinmonster, video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year (Optinmonster, 2019). This increased quality of leads can frequently be attributed to the quality of education that video offers. Not only do customers gain trust in companies with video, but they’re also able to educate themselves about the company or their product in an interactive way.
Pro tip: Optimize your videos on Youtube for SEO. Write interesting titles and descriptions. And don’t forget to add a link back to your website, products, and services.
- Google rewards video. Since Google now owns YouTube, video has an even more significant effect on search engine rank. According to Moovly, you’re 53 times more likely to show up first on Google if you have a video embedded on your website.
- Video marketing can easily explain anything. Using video is a great way to promote a product launch, explain a complex service or concept, or provide important “how-to” information for your audience. A whopping 98% of users have watched an explainer video to learn more about a product or service.
- Video encourages shares. When it comes to sharing, people are twice as likely to share video content with their friends than any other type of content, including social media posts, blog posts/articles and product pages. Just remember, people share emotions more than facts. So get creative with your videos!
- Video strengthens email marketing campaigns. If you’re creating videos, be sure to add them to your email marketing campaigns. When emails have the word “video” in the subject line, they are opened 7% more. And, introductory emails that include a video receive an increased click-through rate by 96%.
A few helpful tips and resources.
Maybe you’re thinking, “yes, let’s do video.” But now you’re not sure where to go from there. Here are a few tips and helpful resources that can help you get started.
Start with a plan. Here are some helpful steps you’ll want to take during the pre-production phase. Even if you decide to work with an agency to produce your video, you’ll want to think through a few things as you plan your video marketing strategy. Like anything, you must first define your audience and get crystal clear about the message you want to deliver.
See what the competition is doing. There’s no need to reinvent the wheel. Take a look at some best practices and case studies from YouTube to see how other businesses are successfully implementing video into their marketing strategy.
Quality content is more important than quality production. While you don’t want to put something out there that isn’t aligned with your brand, don’t let perfection prevent you from getting started. For many video formats, such as Facebook live, product demonstrations, and webinar recordings, there isn’t a lot of expense that needs to go into production. Just make sure you’re providing valuable content.
Ways you can implement video. The options are endless but here are a few suggestions to help get the creative juices flowing.
- Personalized sales videos
- Social teasers
- Employee profiles
- Trade show support
- About us
- Animated explainer
This is just the beginning. There are countless ways you can implement video into your marketing strategy, and as you can see from the stats above, the majority of marketers already doing it are pleased with the ROI.
If video marketing isn’t part of your 2022 marketing strategy, now may be a great time to start planning ahead! We’re happy to jump on a call and answer any questions you may have about ways you can implement video marketing into your business, and see how we can help.