SAP HANA DBA/Developer
We are actively seeking an SAP HANA DBA/Developer. In your role, you will ensure balancing business needs with technical complexity following SAP HANA best practices and design. Your role will span all aspects of the software development lifecycle using agile methodology and include working alongside our business, development, and user experience teams in a highly collaborative environment where every individual's input is valued. The ideal person for this role will have an enthusiasm for technology and a passion for continuous learning.
The ideal person for this role is a clear and direct communicator with a curiosity and excitement for problem solving while delivering high value with low effort and a strong attention to detail. They work very well with others and strongly value teamwork. The individual needs to have depth in SQL, experience with technologies, large data volumes and must have a passion for learning new things. This is not a position to just understand SAP HANA, this is a position to apply skills, knowledge and become a long term part of our crew with a focus of driving higher quality in the end results.
Responsibilities of the SAP HANA Developer
- Strong experience with SAP HANA SQL - SQL Script, Functions, Triggers, Stored Procedures, Sequences, Explain Plans, Data Profiling
- Strong experience with SAP HANA Data Replication - SLT Method, ETL Method, DXC Method
- Strong experience with SAP HANA Modeling - Data Warehouse, Packages, Attribute Views, Analytic Views, Calculation Views, Information Composer, Export and Import
- Strong experience with SAP HANA Reporting - Support teams in getting required information for tools like Tableau, MS Excel.
- Strong experience with SAP HANA Monitoring - Monitoring & Alerting, Persistent Layer, Backup & Recovery, High Availability, Log Configuration
- Strong experience with SAP HANA Security - User Management, Authentications, Authorization Methods, License Management, Auditing
- Experience with HANA system administration using SAP HANA Cockpit and HANA Studio.
- Understanding of key functional processes in SAP BPC, SAP FI - GL, BCS, BW-IP.
In-depth knowledge and experience of SAP BPC Consolidations, Currency Conversion, Account Transformations, Restatements, Validations, Business Process
- Flows, MDX Dimension Rule formulas, and Intercompany Matching and Eliminations
- Support HANA & SQL database troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Work closely with the Senior Engineering team keep abreast of information to maintain and increase knowledge base of SAP support areas.
- Support integration methods, especially Dell Boomi.
- Performance analysis and optimization tuning for MS-SQL and MySQL.
- Strong experience writing stored procedures.
- Provide analysis for High Impact incidents with Corrective Action recommendations.
- Perform POC analysis and documentation for complex business critical database processes.
- Embrace end-to-end ownership and DevOps practices: design, code, test, deploy and monitor your solutions in providing direct value to the Database Team.
- Experienced and comfortable working with virtual teams.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong client-facing and interviewing skills to gather and document requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of DBA experience with 5+ HANA DBA experience preferably in a cloud
- 5+ years of experience with Windows server administration.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux environments. (SUSE or RedHat)
- Should have experience with SAML/SSO (IDP) Fiori and BOE.
- Experience with database, backup/restore. patching, installations, troubleshooting,
tuning, and monitoring
- Experience with PowerShell, Java, and Python, scripting
- Experience in SAP HANA, SAP BW, SAP BPC, SAP S4HANA, SQL, OData Services and other
- Cloud Essentials experience in connecting various on premise and cloud databases with
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server and Sybase ASE a plus.
- Knowledge and familiarity with cloud platforms. (AWS or Azure)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience should also include Agile framework, including participation in Agile/Scrum
development process with two-week sprint deployments.
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and
- Experience working in a virtual or global team.
- Self-starter and ability to multitask with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to learn and use new systems and paradigms in a short period.